I’ve been traveling more and more for work lately – and it’s great. I love to travel, try new restaurants and see new sights. I also love seeing my long-distance clients in person more often.
For all the road warriors, here are a few travel tips I’ve picked up along the way:
- Make a check list. I make a list of everything I need to pack and run through the list the evening before. Have you ever forgotten your pajamas? That’s the worst.
- Pack light. I’ve learned to pack only the essentials and travel-sized items are perfect for airline travel. Carry on your suitcase if you’re traveling by plane so you don’t have to spend time waiting for a checked bag.
- Email your airport parking spot to yourself. Have you ever flown home late in the evening and spent 20 minutes walking around the parking lot to find your car? Email exactly where you parked to yourself before taking off.
- Check the weather. I can’t even count how many times I’ve forgotten to check the weather before traveling and end up in a snowy destination without a coat, hat or even a scarf.
- Schedule meeting reminders to check–in for your flight. Schedules get busy and most of the time I completely forget to check-in until a few hours before my flight. Send yourself a meeting maker 24 hours before your flight to remind you to check-in. It’s super helpful when you’re traveling on Southwest Airlines.